MOVING ON.....2024

A Note From The Author: Jacqueline E. Hughes

I am so happy to welcome in the new year, 2024!!! My Blog is changing-up a bit....mainly because I am evolving. Travel will always take precedence in my life and, my journeys will be shared with you. This 2024 version will offer a variety of new stories and personal ideas, as well. This is all about having fun and enjoying this Beautiful Journey called......Life!!!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I WANT YOU......!!! PERSPECTIVE OF A PERSONAL BLOG SITE

Promotional


A series of essays.....


I WANT YOU.....DEAR READER!!!


......as seen through my eyes!

By: Jacqueline E. Hughes


One year ago this week, my Blog, Moving On, 2013, began.  The hoopla and enthusiasm surrounding its birth was centered directly on the joy and unequivocal excitement that is derived from visiting people within their own habitats, culture and society.  This joy of life was then, gratefully, shared with you.....through my eyes!

When 2013 slipped into 2014, admittedly, I was still riding the 'high' of recently having returned from one of the most spectacular and eye-opening trips to the Wild West Coast of Ireland.  Having stood at the base of an 'Holy Icon,' Croagh Patrick, in County Mayo, to climbing up toward the heavens on the peak of Diamond Hill, Benbaun at 2,400 feet, in the heart of Connemara National Park, my heart soared with new insights and indubitable Love!

This was a new year and Moving On, 2014 had to roll with the changes, so.....included in my blog were stories, essays, if you will, about people, places and things that have greatly influenced my life, past and present.  Along this journey, I had hoped to learn so much via my research and, I certainly have, as well as been able to pass this insight on to you in an entertaining and humorous fashion.  Hopefully, I was able to achieve the latter more often than not!?!

At the end of my first year of consistent (weekly) blogging, I'm still only half way up the learning curve when it comes to effectively utilizing social media and tweaking it to my advantage.  As a human being, feedback in any form, positive or negative, is helpful in determining the success of our endeavors and whether or not it is advantageous to continue in a certain direction.  As a writer, ideas, words, sentences and phrases will always continue to flow like the waters of a mountain stream and be written down with much love and patience in order to soothe an aching desire, an ancient need...with or without those who read them!

However, who is a performer without an audience or, a teacher without students, a challenge minus stimulating competition?  Bouncing our thoughts and ideas off of others in order to gain unlimited perspectives has historically been helpful towards innovative growth in general, political agendas and, artists of all sources of mediums and levels of magnitudes.  Social media has encouraged artists to 'hawk their wears,' so to speak, offer their talents and aggressively peddle their 'goods' for sale and/or consumption on a street call Mainstream Avenue.

As I stand here on 'M' Avenue, crunching autumn leaves beneath my rubber soles and blowing party horns while throwing colorful confetti in celebration of my first anniversary....my words bounce and echo off of the brick walls of the tall buildings surrounding me.  This sound reminds me that my ideas are not always escaping beyond the brick and mortar; advancing beyond my 'realm of dreams' by riding on the sound waves created by Facebook and Twitter.  What is needed to create the enthusiasm required to expand and to grow stronger?  I am so asking your help with this one!

Moving On, 2015 is fast approaching, advancing like a herd of wild buffalo on the open plains, kicking up dust and debris in its wake.  Even though I am not prepared to relinquish 2014 and believe deeply and gratefully in the 78 Likes my 'Blog Page' (Jackie.thetravelingkeyboard) on Facebook has generated this rookie year, I know I can do even more.  All of my 'Faithfuls,' as I like to call those who consistently read, like or comment on, my blog, mean the world to me!  Without your encouragement I would be nothing.  Thank you, always....

By the end of 2014 and, certainly, by the beginning of next year, I want to 'turn it up a notch' by generating more of my Faithfuls who, in turn, will help to generate even more by sharing and talking about Moving On.  I believe in my writing.  I trust in the common sense and down to earth attitudes I employ when approaching my stories for your consumption and entertainment.  Like every good performer, teacher and artist in general, I take my work seriously enough to induce and promote your heated desire, as a reader, to stick with me....just one story longer......!

Sincerely,

Jackie Hughes

Copyright © 2014 By Jacqueline E. Hughes
All rights reserved

1 comment: